Hidden street in Bristol: Shop Shutters
I used to think I kept fully up to speed with the urban art scene in Bristol and knew the majority of locations to find anything of interest. Then one day I went for my usual wander around Bedminster and realised this wasn’t totally the case. This did happen to be 8 o’clock on a Saturday morning so more importantly what the hell was I doing up and out at that time?! This was during the week before Upfest 2017 so I wanted to make sure I had photos of all the pieces soon to be lost.
All along North Street was art I hadn’t seen before; on shop shutters! I probably had seen a couple of them on a previous weekend wander but there were maybe 6 or 7 completely new to me, some more classical graffiti and some more so ‘street art’ by brilliant artists. This started a quest to walk around my usual graff/art spots of the city on weekends or after closing times to see what other art was waiting for me. Here’s is some of what I found.
1. Andy Council (@andycouncil) – North Street, Bedminster
2. Dan Leo (@danleodesign) – Stokes Croft
3. Sled One (@sledone) & Smak (@smaktown) – Moon Street, Stokes Croft
4. Ok so this one isn’t a shop shutter but still deserves a shout. By 3dom (@3dom22) in Brislington/St Annes
5. Alex Lucas aka Lucas Antics (@lucas_antics) at Stokes Croft Vintage Market
Alex has done more recent shutters on North Street that I don’t have a photo of (yet!) but it’s white butterflies on black background, go find it and tag your Instagram photo with #streetartbristol ??
6. Mayflower Chinese Restaurant near bus station, artist unknown
7. Mr Impossible by Loch Ness (@lochnessart) on North Street
8. Jamaican Diner, North Street. Artist unknown
9. One of my favourites on North Street is this one by Copyright (@copyrightart)
10. Lokey (@lokey_bristol) at North Street Standard
11. The Bollywood Beauty Lounge on North Street
12. Tamrakar on North Street
13. SHAB (@s.h.a.b) at North Street Standard
14. A few doors away from Hamilton House in Stokes Croft
15. Dons Car Wash painted by Sepr (@sepr) in St Pauls
16. Another from Stokes Croft
17. Pete’s Barbers, West Street, Bedminster
18. Vandal by Nick Walker (@nickwalker_art) on St George’s Road
19. Another Mr Men & Little Miss themed shutter from Upfest 2016
20. Bird is the word, one on North Street…for a change ?
That’s it for this article, part two of the list will be coming your way in the near future. If you enjoyed this please come and follow us on Instagram and tag your Bristol street art pics with our hashtag. Thanks for reading.
Follow us: @streetartbristol
Tag your photos: #streetartbristol
Bristol-based businesses bare all for cancer charity calendar
Bristol calendar released to raise money for Cancer Research UK A total of 26 local women and men, all of...
The Killers Announced For First Ashton Gate 2020 Gig
The Killers will be playing in Bristol for the first time in 2020 Following on from this year’s gigs that...
16 Awesome Films You Can See In Unique Locations In Bristol
Bristol Film Festival is hosting loads of awesome films around Bristol Bristol Film Festival has been running in Bristol since...
Things To Do In Bristol This Weekend
Looking for the best of Bristol this weekend? It may be cold and blustery, but there is still plenty of...
60 Bristol Instagram Accounts You Need To Be Following
The very best Bristol Instagram accounts you need to be following in 2019 Do you ever get tired of cycling...
16 Awesome Old Photos Of Bristol Throughout The Years
Old Photos of Bristol 1. Bristol Centre before the fountains 2. The Centre from the roof of the old Bristol...
A Pop Up Dachshund Cafe Is Coming To Bristol
Bristol Dachshund lovers get ready We’ve got a cat cafe, a cat pub and in a few weeks time Bristol...
Three Brothers Burgers Launch New Vegan Menu, & It’s Epic!
Three Brothers Burgers join the growing list of plant-based menus in Bristol. Three Brothers Burgers, one of Bristol’ elite burger...
Amazing 3D Bristol Street Art
Bristol has one of the best street art scenes in the country, and this 3D piece from the Athenian group,...
There’s A Harry Potter Themed Bottomless Boozy Brunch Happening In Bristol
Accio all the brunch please We love a good Bristol bottomless brunch at Best of Bristol, and when it’s combined...
8 Places to See Free Live Music in Bristol
Live music for free in Bristol Bristol has many places to see live music in Bristol pubs for big bands and DJs but it...
The Bank Tavern Wins The Observer’s Best Sunday Roast
The Bank Tavern smashes it again One of Bristol’s best boozers, The Bank Tavern has won the best roast in...
129 Things To Do On Gloucester Road
There’s just so much see on Gloucester Road It’s time for the 2019 addition of what to do on Gloucester...
9 Awesome Bristol Plant Shops
The best plant shops in Bristol Whether it’s a cheese plant, succulent or an out of control spider plant crawling...
Bristol’s Biggest Whisky Bar Is Opening Next Week
Black Rock Whisky Bar set to open in Bristol on Monday 21st October The Shoreditch based whisky bar, Black Rock,...
Bristol Pub Quizzes
It’s time for a good old fashioned Bristol pub quiz There are endless places where you can find some good...
10 Awesome Things That Were Filmed In Bristol
The best things are filmed in Bristol Do you ever look at the TV and think ‘isn’t that Park Street?’....