Bristol Film Festival is hosting loads of awesome films around Bristol
Bristol Film Festival has been running in Bristol since 2015 when it was founded by Owen Franklin, who was looking to provide a unique experience for fellow film lovers in Bristol.
Running throughout the year they create an immersive experience with each event, creating an alternative experience for film lovers with a big programme of events across Bristol.
From SS Great Britain to the Bristol Cathedral, check out 16 awesome films you can see across Bristol this year.
1. Monty Python – Life of Brian | Friday 15th November, 6.30pm at Clifton College
Celebrating the 40th anniversary of its release, Monty Python – Life of Brian is being shown at Clifton College Pre School Hall, which just happens to be the college that John Cleese went to.
2. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs | Saturday 16th November, 6.20pm at The Planetarium
You can watch Sony’s great animated movie at the Planetarium next to We The Curious.
3. Interstellar | Saturday 16th November, 8.45pm at The Planetarium
Hosted immediately after Cloudy, one of the most incredible films of the last few years and sure to be epic within the Planetarium.
5. Titanic | Saturday 17th November, 5.45pm at SS Great Britain
This immersive black-tie evening takes place on the SS Great Britain, with Titanic screened in the First Class Dining Saloon. Also featuring live music and canapes!
6. Nosferatu | Wednesday 20th November, 6.30pm at Bristol Cathedral
The iconic Nosferatu from 1922, will be shown at Bristol Cathedral, complete with a live organ accompaniment from Dr. David Bednall.
7. Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone | Wednesday 18th December, 7.15pm at Clifton College Chapel
In the run up to Christmas, you can see the first Harry Potter at the historic Chapel of Clifton College.
8. Die Hard | Thursday 19th December, 7pm at Averys Wine Merchants
Is Die Hard a Christmas film? Absolutely. What better way to watch Die Hard then at Averys Wine Cellar. You’ll get a sparkling wine reception with the film being accompanied by a tasting of American and German wines.
9. Arthur Christmas: Sunday 22nd December 10.15am at the Passenger Shed
The Passenger shed is going to be transformed into a circus-themed Big Top for an immersive experience with a host of different movies this Christmas. First up is the brilliant Aardman hit, Arthur Christmas.
10. How The Grinch Stole Christmas | Sunday 22nd December, 12.45pm at Passenger Shed
The next addition at the Big Top is the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch.
11. Elf | Sunday 22nd December, 3.15pm at Passenger Shed
One of the best Christmas movies out there, Elf continues the show at the Big Top.
12. The Greatest Showman Singalong | Sunday 22nd December, 6.15pm at Passenger Shed
The final addition at the Big Top, is the singalong hit – The Greatest Showman.
13. The Princess Bride | Sunday 29th December, 9.15pm at Bristol Museum
Celebrating Bristol Museum’s latest exhibition, Magic, where a host of fantastical films are taking place. First up is the brilliant Princess Bride.
14. The Muppet Christmas Carol | Monday 30th December, 11.30am at Bristol Old Vic
In my opinion, this is the best Christmas film with the best Christmas songs. The Muppets Christmas Carol will be shown in the Old Vic’s Auditorium – the first film screening there.
15. The NeverEnding Story | Sunday 29th December, 7.10pm at Bristol Museum
It’s back to the Bristol Museum for the Magic exhibition and this time it’s a special screening of The NeverEnding Story.
16. The Wizard of Oz | Monday 30th December, 3pm at Bristol Old Vic
Finally, it’s the ultimate classic with the Wizard of Oz being shown at the Bristol Old Vic.