There’s just so much see on Gloucester Road
It’s time for the 2019 addition of what to do on Gloucester Road. RIP Urban Standard, Soul Fish, Zazus and others, gone but not forgotten.
Gloucester Road is the longest road of independent shops in the UK and it’s one of our favourite places in Bristol.
From amazing bars, restaurants, shops, butchers, bakers (but sadly not a candle stick maker), here are 129 things to do on Gloucester Road.
1. Have the best wrap in Bristol from Shake Wrap & Roll
2. Grab a Grecian and have one of the best takeaway pizzas in Bristol
3. Get some awesome fish and chips at Reel Soul
4. Have one of Bristol’s best coffees at Spicer & Cole
5. Buy some furniture from the Sofa Project
6. Buy some dumplings from the Oriental Market
7. Have a fancy fish meal at Palomar
8. Sample some Korean food from Seoul GaJa
9. Enjoy the Bristol sun at the Blue Lagoon, before later watching some live music
10. Sort your music system out at Paul Roberts Hi-FI
11. Eat some amazing vegan food at Suncraft
12. Buy some lovely clothes from Fox + Feather
13. Sample some scrumptious Spanish food at Colmado
14. Eat some of the awesome ‘Galli’ plates and sink a pint at The Gallimaufry
15. Donate or buy some clothes at Shelter
16. Eat some fantastic Thai food at Simply Thai
17. Grab a falafel from Eat a Pitta
18. Buy yourself a fancy Bristol house plant at Wild Leaf
19. Take on ‘The Kraken’ at the Hob Goblin
20. Buy a jumper with a wolf on it from Repsycho
21. Get all the penny sweets from Scrumptiously Sweet
22. Pick up some toys at Playfull Toyshop
23. Get your hair trimmed at Mack Daddys
24. Pick up some healthy food at La Ruca
25. Load up on fireworks and ‘cream’ supplies at the Fireworks shop….
26. Draw a pretty picture when you get some art supplies at Art @ Bristol…
27. Have some fried chicken at the legendary Miss Millies
28. Buy nothing but natural & organic wholefoods at ScoopAway
29. Pick up a nice bottle of wine and/or some craft beer at Grape & Grind
30. Stop for a pint at No. 99 Gloucester Road
31. Get your kids something to play with at Totally Toys
32. Get a birthday card at Romantica
33. Have an incredible cake from Bristanbul
34. Buy a funky light from Ablectrics
35. Get yourself a fantastic Bristol print from CO.LAB
36. Stop for a pint at Cider Press
37. Get that special person some flowers from The Flower Shop
38. Pick up some fish from The Fish Shop
39. If it’s a Saturday, grab a gorgeous burger from Murray’s butchers bbq
40. Buy a ridiculous outfit at Poppers The Party Shop and make your way to the Harbourside for a stag/hen do
41. Get your pet some food at Roxford’s Pet Shop
42. Have a coffee and cake at Tincan
43. Buy something rather quaint at IOTA
44. Eat a delicious brunch at The Nectar House
45. Sit in the beer garden at drink a pint at The Flyer
46. Get a bargain at Bargain World
47. Tackle ‘The Fabulous McLovin’ at Atomic Burger
48. Have a slice of pizza from Planet Pizza
49. Sip a cocktail in the brilliant beer garden of The Grace
50. Rent a book from Gloucester Road’s library
51. Grab some bread from Hobbs House bakery
52. Sip a fantastic coffee from Bakers and Co.
53. Beware the toxic air zone at the petrol station
54. Get a new broom from Bishopston Hardware & D.I.Y Centre
55. You could even buy a car (this road is long) from P.D. Cars Bristol
56. Have a milkshake at Rocotillos
57. Gobble down a scrumptious burger at Ciao Burger
58. Eat some tasty Italian at Bomboloni
59. Buy some streaky bacon from Dave Giles Butchers….and also have a look at the fabulous graffiti on their shutters
60. Get your house sorted at Nola Interiors
61. Pick up some celery from Pawson’s
62. Sort your ride out at Millard’s Motor Accessories
63. Stop for some art and chocolate at… Art & Chocolate
64. Check out some local Bristol artists at room 212
65. Find some nice art at fig
66. Join the Bishopston mums and buy some new children’s shoes from Odd Sox
67. Find a nice piece of art at Paper Plane
68. Have a drink at Alchemy 198
69. Sample a full English breakfast at this classic greasy spoon, Metro Cafe
70. Get your hair done at Nuala Morey
71. Give into your sweet tooth with some Proper Sweets
72. Spruce up the house with some soft furnishings from Marialina
73. Buy a new bicycle from Roll Quick
74. Fix your sick pet at Vets4Pets
75. Get your paint supplies at Bishopston Custom Paints
76. Chomp on some of the best made bread in town at Joe’s Bakery
77. Watch some rock and or roll at The Golden Lion
78. Scrap the plastics and visit Gloucester Road’s zero waste shop, preserve
79. Have your photos of Gloucester Road developed at Fujifilm
80. Get a tattoo of Gloucester Road from Holey Skin
81. Eat a chinese takeaway from Xin Long
82. Sample one of the best pizzas in Bristol at Pizzarova
83. Try on a new pair of glasses from Lunar Optical
84. Pick up a single origin coffee from Boston Tea Party
85. Eat some of the best fish and chips in Bristol from Bishopston Fish Bar
86. Grab a new tool at Pearce’s Hardware
87. Do your laundry at The Clean Bean
88. Or at Waeshous, just looked at the awesome exterior!
89. Get your bicycle sorted at The Bike Man, bicycle workshop
90. Have an espresso at the aptly named Espresso Yourself
91. Have a terrific coffee at Fed 303
92. Support St Peter’s Hospice by grabbing a coffee from Nonesuch Cup
93. Get some cheap furniture from St Peter’s Hospice Shop
94. Pop into The Anchor and watch the football
95. Get your car washed at Bristol Car Wash
96. Pump some iron at this Gloucester Road Fitness
97. Buy some unusual furniture from The Reclaimers
98. Eat a roast and have some cider at Royal Oak
99. Have a cracking Italian at Di Meo
100. Have a Caribbean meal at The Caribbean Shack
101. Get a new trim at Designers
102. Smoke some shisha at Pasha
103. Fix your pool table at Tim Franklin’s
104. Get your dog groomed at Lovely Pups
105. Eat some crepes at Coffee Mine
106. Pick up a fish at Aquaria and Pet Centre
107. Get a new washing machine at Horders
108. Sip a flat white at Deck Cafe
109. Buy something nice at Compass Project Bristol
110. Get some school supplies at Craft Works
111. Pick up a pickle at the best named fruit shop on Gloucester Road, Three Wise Monkeys
112. Buy some awesome furniture from Emmaus Vintage
113. Eat Persian & Korean (the two things you didn’t know should be together) at Per & Kor
114. Pick up a graphic novel from Bottles & Books
115. Eat some peri peri, Texas style at Texas Grill
116. Eat some ridiculously exotic burgers at M.J. Dalton Butchers… including horse!
117. Sample some Sri Lankan dishes at The Kandyan
118. Drink a latte from Cafe Jackalope
119. Improve your home at Main Interiors
120. Have afternoon tea at Cafe Rhubarb
121. Sort your feet out at THE foot + body mechanic
121. Have some Mediterrian cuisine at Bushra Lounge
122. Buy a new suit at Tux & Tails
123. Buy some pierogi from the Eastern European Food Store
124. Eat all sorts at Jean’s Bistro
125. Eat some fish and chips at the Bristol Fryer
126. Let Daddy sort out your clothes at Daddy Alterations
127. Have some fallafel at In.N.Out
128. Have a quick pint in The Wellington
129. Stop at the famous Gloucester Road sign
All photos taken by @antimitch.
Bristol-based businesses bare all for cancer charity calendar
Bristol calendar released to raise money for Cancer Research UK A total of 26 local women and men, all of...
The Killers Announced For First Ashton Gate 2020 Gig
The Killers will be playing in Bristol for the first time in 2020 Following on from this year’s gigs that...
16 Awesome Films You Can See In Unique Locations In Bristol
Bristol Film Festival is hosting loads of awesome films around Bristol Bristol Film Festival has been running in Bristol since...
Things To Do In Bristol This Weekend
Looking for the best of Bristol this weekend? It may be cold and blustery, but there is still plenty of...
60 Bristol Instagram Accounts You Need To Be Following
The very best Bristol Instagram accounts you need to be following in 2019 Do you ever get tired of cycling...
16 Awesome Old Photos Of Bristol Throughout The Years
Old Photos of Bristol 1. Bristol Centre before the fountains 2. The Centre from the roof of the old Bristol...
A Pop Up Dachshund Cafe Is Coming To Bristol
Bristol Dachshund lovers get ready We’ve got a cat cafe, a cat pub and in a few weeks time Bristol...
Three Brothers Burgers Launch New Vegan Menu, & It’s Epic!
Three Brothers Burgers join the growing list of plant-based menus in Bristol. Three Brothers Burgers, one of Bristol’ elite burger...
Amazing 3D Bristol Street Art
Bristol has one of the best street art scenes in the country, and this 3D piece from the Athenian group,...
There’s A Harry Potter Themed Bottomless Boozy Brunch Happening In Bristol
Accio all the brunch please We love a good Bristol bottomless brunch at Best of Bristol, and when it’s combined...
8 Places to See Free Live Music in Bristol
Live music for free in Bristol Bristol has many places to see live music in Bristol pubs for big bands and DJs but it...
The Bank Tavern Wins The Observer’s Best Sunday Roast
The Bank Tavern smashes it again One of Bristol’s best boozers, The Bank Tavern has won the best roast in...
129 Things To Do On Gloucester Road
There’s just so much see on Gloucester Road It’s time for the 2019 addition of what to do on Gloucester...
9 Awesome Bristol Plant Shops
The best plant shops in Bristol Whether it’s a cheese plant, succulent or an out of control spider plant crawling...
Bristol’s Biggest Whisky Bar Is Opening Next Week
Black Rock Whisky Bar set to open in Bristol on Monday 21st October The Shoreditch based whisky bar, Black Rock,...
Bristol Pub Quizzes
It’s time for a good old fashioned Bristol pub quiz There are endless places where you can find some good...
10 Awesome Things That Were Filmed In Bristol
The best things are filmed in Bristol Do you ever look at the TV and think ‘isn’t that Park Street?’....